- This event has passed.
Playtonia Cosplay Competition
October 24, 2019 @ 10:00 am - October 26, 2019 @ 10:00 pm
Becoming a staple in all cons worldwide, the Cosplay competition is the ultimate feature that brings out the best in participants, playing on creativity, dedication and skills.
With Middle East Film & Comic Con set to take place in March, and most cosplayers preparing their acts, this can be the perfect bout to test your cosplay skills, as well as get a feel of what it means to cosplay in the region.
The Games Con Cosplay Competiton, brought to you by Playtonia, is a competitive type of Cosplay function that is suitable for both beginners and veterans, including two categories that are extremely inclusive of the characters and universes represented in both. Get your soundtrack ready, upload your video/background and get in character to be number 1! The Competition will take place on Saturday 26th October at the Entertainment Stage.
You will also get to meet to Professional Cosplayer and YouTuber Azzy from Azzyland who will be one of the judges for the Cosplay Competition.
Games Con supports not only the eSport & Anime community but also the Cosplay community.
DISCLAIMER: Registered Cosplayers are required to purchase Games Con Tickets and attend the show to participate. Failure to do so will result in automatic qualification.
Each Participant should submit the following to participate in the competition:
- Character Images from the relevant series
- Music file to be used for the performance (Please do let us know if you won’t have music)
- Video file, Animated or Static background to be placed while performing
- Participant’s full details as per the form requirements
CATEGORIES & PRIZES
Best Gaming Cosplay – Ages 13+
Participants should cosplay from Video Games:
- 1st Place: 1500 USD
- 2nd Place: 1000 USD
- 3rd Place: 500 USD
Best Anime Cosplay – Ages 13+
Participants should cosplay from Anime:
- 1st Place: 1000 USD
- 2nd Place: 750 USD
- 3rd Place: 250 USD
- Body coverage must be decent in respect of cultural sensitivity
- Body paints are allowed on arms and leg
- Props and Weapons easily distinguishable from any real weapon other than firearms may be allowed upon thorough inspection. (the less realistic the better)
- All props (except those that resemble firearms) made from Plastic, Thermo Plastic, Urethane Resin, Cardboard, Foam, Foam Rubber, or other lightweight material
- Plastic, Fiberglass or Resin shields with no sharp edges
- Bows that are not strung and incapable of shooting arrows
- Arrows in a quiver that are not removable or have the tipsremoved
- Staffs and brooms made of Plastic, Resin, cardboard, foam, orfoam rubber that are not unwieldy to the carrier
- Sonic screwdrivers
DISCLAIMER: Informa reserve the right to refuse any costume and prop at anytime that does not conform to rules and regulations.